Module1: Introduction to DevOps and its Necessity
- History of DevOps
- Configuration management
- What is DevOps
- Why DevOps
- Dev and Ops problem
- DevOps as a solution
- DevOps’ Advantages
- Continuous Integration
- Continuous Testing
- Continuous Deployment
- Continuous Delivery
- DevOps Skills
Module 2: Virtualization
- Virtualization and Vagrant Concepts
- Hypervisors – Type 1 and Type 2 hypervisors
- Pros and Cons of virtualization
- Setting up and configuring VM using Oracle Virtual box and Vagrant.
Module 3: Version Control Tools
- Version Control tools – GIT
- Basics GIT commands
- Setting up github account.
Module 4: Continuous Integration using Jenkins
- Basic of Jenkins
- Installation of Jenkins
- Running Jenkins
- Authentication and Authorization with Jenkins
- Configuring github with Jenkins.
- Setting up Jenkins Pipeline.
Module 5: Containerization using Docker
- Introduction to containerization and Docker.
- Installing Docker on VM.
- Docker images and containers.
- Integrating Docker with Jenkins.
- CI/CD using Docker and Jenkins.
Module 6: Configuration Management tools (Chef)
- Introduction to Configuration management tools (Chef, Puppet and Ansible)
- Setting up Chef DK, Chef client and workstation,
- Chef commands, recipes, cookbooks, templates
- Bootstrapping chef client using knife
Module 7: Cloud Computing – an overview
- Cloud Computing at a glance
- DevOps on the cloud : IaaS, PaaS and SaaS
- Types of cloud – private, public, hybrid
- Introduction to AWS.